Registering Devices for Window Media Connect
Janiv Ratson
2005-08-10 11:23:21 UTC
Hello,
If I want to use RegisterDevice UPnP action on Windows Media Connect, what
are the conditions so I will not accept 801 error code (Access Denied).
What are the requirements for my device so I will be authorized when
registering to Media Connect?
Thanks,
Janiv Ratson.
Alan Ludwig [MSFT]
2005-08-10 14:07:24 UTC
Post by Janiv Ratson
Hello,
If I want to use RegisterDevice UPnP action on Windows Media Connect,
what are the conditions so I will not accept 801 error code (Access
Denied). What are the requirements for my device so I will be
authorized when registering to Media Connect?
Thanks,
Janiv Ratson.
If you want to play unprotected content, you don't need to register your
device. You simply need to authorize it in the WMC UI. If you'd like
to play back protected content you need to license WMDRM-ND. More
information on how to license the technology can be found at the
followign URL:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/licensing/consumerdevices.
aspx

Regards,